Friday, February 5, 2016

Rose Quartz and Serenity: Pantone's Colors of 2016



I didn't pay any mind when I first read of Pantone's Color of the Year in InStyle's January issue, but I didn't realize until recently that I'm obsessed with both colors! I don't usually wear pastel colors, I wear mostly dark colors, but I can't stop drooling over everything that is pale pink and baby blue!

According to Pantone Color Institute's Executive Director Leatrice Eiseman, the colors Rose Quartz and Serenity,
"demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace".
Sephora and Pantone teamed up to create some makeup products, shown below are the Color of the Year lipsticks.
Photo via Beaute Zine




Since the colors might be a bold look for lips, try something a little more subtle with Essie's nail polish, note Essie does not have colors specifically based off of Rose Quartz and Serenity.
In Fiji and Bikini So Teeny



As seen on the runway:

Photos courtesy of Alessandro Garofalo, Versace, Opening Ceremony, and Monica Feudi



Though pastels are typically worn during spring time, I believe that Rose Quartz and Serenity can be worn anytime of the year, especially with the right pieces. Right now, pale pink coats are a trend so you can bundle up while still rocking Rose Quartz, as well as wearing Serenity colored accessories. Below are some fashion choices that are great for trying Pantone's amazing color choices of 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment